Monday, July 20, 2009

To my Friends and Family

Today I was riding my bike home from work, checked the mail then headed home. When I arrived home I started to clean up zoey's landmines in the back. During this peaceful time oddly enough I couldn't help but think of all those who have been helping me get through this. Shortly after I went inside my doorbell rang and a friend decided to stop by and see how I was doing and if there was anything she could do to help out. After she left, another friend called to invite me over to dinner.

This has been a constant theme since Misty was in the hospital. I have never been one to accept help and I am sorry for that. I am so grateful for such great people in my life. The very thought of the love that I feel from each of you pierces my core deep into my heart. (If you can’t tell I am beginning to cry but I can’t help it.) I never knew how much people love us. I mean from everything to cleaning my house to doing my laundry taking me out to eat bringing me food stopping by to say "hi" having me over for dinner. Sending cards and writing letters. It has never stopped and I am so grateful. With all of this bad in my life I have never felt so loved in my life! I hope you all know that! It is because of each and every one of you that I am still here and able to stand on my own 2 feet.

I never knew how much death can affect someone until this. I hope that no one would ever have to experience this. But we all must go through it. I just want you to know that when you do I WILL be there for you just like you have been for me. Thank you all so much. My sincerest thank you will never been enough to repay what you have done for me.

4 comments:

kortnikae said...

I don't think anyone can fully appreciate the need for help until death strikes. Somehow, things become much clearer and you are forced to step back and look at what is going on aroud you. I hope you know just how much I love you and that I am here for you if you need anything. I was lucky enough to get to know you through Misty's eyes and wouldn't have had it any other way.

Amanda said...

Jake you are such an incredible example of strength and dedication to the Lord throughout this, when you have every reason to be mad at God for this. Misty and your little boy were obviously needed on the other side. You are such an inspiration to me with how you've clung to the gospel throughout this. I hope you continue to post. . . I love reading your updates. We continue to pray for you.

Shannon said...

Jake I have been reading this blog, I really love reading it because when misty passed away somehow her passing really affected me, I really didn't know her personal but seen her on the primary presidency and there has been a few times when she would wave hello to me.

Taylor's said...

Jake you have always been there for us but I just needed to thank you again for visiting me in the hospital - i know it was not an easy task but I do really appreciate that you care for me and my family.

We love you