Monday, August 3, 2009

Church Shoes


Church Shoes

Such wonderful news, we’re having a boy!
Can’t wait for the day when he puts his church shoes on.

Times moving so fast, this time is a blast!
Can’t wait for the day when he puts his church shoes on.

Your parents are proud, Come down from the clouds.
Just counting the days when you put your church shoes on.

Wishing and Praying, times not delaying.
The time will soon come when you put your church shoes on.

You’re gone in a flash, no time to rehash.
Will that time come when you put your church shoes on?

You will be back I just know it, the Lord will bestow it.
Can’t wait for the day when he puts his church shoes on.
Love you Dad.

7 comments:

Taylor's said...

Did you write that? Amazing!

Hey thanks for hanging out with my hubby - he needs some much needed boy time!

Misty and Jake said...

Yes I wrote it and took the picture. I have been inspired for sometime to do this and I finally did it after I got off of work.

Unknown said...

The poem is so touching - I just love it. It is so straight from the heart. There's no words that could have better expressed your feelings. Hang in there - we love you

Christian and Karen Robinson said...

Tears are streaming down my cheeks right now. My cousin's little 4 year old boy drowned yesterday. This makes me think of him and the losses that you and they feel. I hope the Lord brings comfort to you all.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem!! So sorry for your loss....I just check in here once and awhile and glad to see you are hanging in there. Even though strangers I feel your loss. God Bless You!

Susan in Colorado

Unknown said...

Tears, so beautiful. Praying for you and thinking of you...a friend of Amelia's. :)

Allison said...

What a sweet poem and picture, great job. I didn't know you could write poetry and really well. It's really sweet and those shoes will always be preciouse, forever. Thanks for sharing things like this.